Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Winter Prep


For the first time in 8 weeks I don't have a post prepared. It's busy around here. Soccer just wrapped up for the season. I'm up to my eyeballs in peppers, carrots, peaches, and tomatoes. Today I'll be freezing, canning, and generally getting prepped for winter. And when you live in the mountains, you know that snow can come and stick anytime after October 15th. How about you? Are you prepping for winter? Or do you get a break before the winter storms hit?

2 comments:

funny in the 'hood said...

I'm prepping for winter but that mostly involves stocking up on red wine and scheduling our annual furnace checkup. I absolutely love fall and winter and I'm looking forward to curling up in front of the fireplace with a book whenever I have a free moment. It snows hard here in Iowa (though we do not have any mountains)and I am one of those strange people who gets excited by blizzard warnings. So bring it, Mother Nature!

Tracey

Shain Brown said...

Ummm, no. We don't prep for winter, we just jump up and down that it will no longer break a hundred degrees for a few months.